Light after Dark
A unique event for the rail sector focused on working or travelling at night or in the dark
Light after Dark at SAFESTART18 brings the industry together for networking, education plus an indoor exhibition/demonstrations of railway products and services that promote safety, performance and effectiveness in dark conditions – whether it is at night or in tunnels.
Come and experience a wide range of products and services that enable safe practice, security, performance across track maintenance and renewals, depots and wider passenger railway infrastructure.
The key themes for this event are:
- Keeping the railway working 24/7 and maximising performance (portable/mobile lighting, portable tools/equipment, lightweight materials, power/energy packs, site & track security)
- Track worker safety & welfare (fatigue minimisation measures, wearable technology for maximum visibility, technology/management tools to track and monitor night time working)
- Environmental (silent generators for minimising noise as well as products that help reduce light pollution, tunnel ventilation)
- Carbon footprint/cost efficiency (led technology, battery power, demonstrable time savings)
- Public safety & passenger travel (lighting/security for stations, platforms & to aid suicide prevention)
- Emergency vehicle lighting
This event is for individuals responsible for or involved in railways:
- Maintenance & renewals
- Infrastructure & assets
- Station/infrastructure/asset managers & operators (lighting on platforms, car parks, security, emergency response etc.)
- Team safety managers – particular focus on fatigue management and visibility